Tuesday 5 June 2012

Like taking a bullet

This weekend I discovered, that at some point I murdered my shoulder angel. I won't get into the details, but I acted on every impulse I had. I threw caution to the wind, went "balls to the walls" and lived.

Upon reflection, the series of increasingly hilarious and poor decisisons started after a mutual friend told me that EX was in a relationship. That was like taking a bullet. Today it will be 3 months since we broke up, 3 months after 6 years. What a way to rebound!
I felt terrible for half a minute, trying desperately to swallow this information. And then I started laughing! He said he wanted a different life, but instead just swapped people and kept the same life. I on the other hand have been having wild crazy awesome times running amok and behaving for the first time in my life as a man would.

This little tidbid should have sent me plummeting into a depression that wiped my self esteem off the face of the planet. However later that night I went to a club in jeans, an oversized sweater and loafers, soaked from the rain and still managed to grab the attention of a super cute guy without even trying.

With every new sunrise and every new bit of information I am increasinlgy thankful that my life has gone in the direction that it has. I am 100% positive that the Universe is unfolding as it should and therefore I am at peace because I KNOW that something great is coming my way.

This was my theme song from this past weekend, and now life.

No comments:

Post a Comment